Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we got to celebrate Thanksgiving at one of my most favorite places, the beach in San Diego. It was great!
This is a shot of the view from the living room balcony.
And of course no Thanksgiving would be complete without starting your day off with a little 5k run, with over 10,000 other people.
My mom, sister Rebecca and I went and did it and had a fun time.
Me in action.
It was a fun race and I felt good about my results, keeping just under a 7min mile and coming in as the 21st girl with, once again over 10,000 people. I always appreciate my family coming and cheering me on so early in the morning.
Took a minute but we finally got a smile out of her.
Ellouise was having fun with uncle Dylan.
The meal as always was delicious. I have to say Kyle was a big help and made some delicious gravy, stuffing and green bean casserole. I love how part of the meal is a pan of marshmallows with a hint of sweet potatoes.
Ellouise would not sit still or smile for me so this is what I got on her first Thanksgiving day. She is getting so big and is all over the place. She loved having all the cousins around to follow.
Evelyn really loved her meal and enjoyed trying just about everything.
The best part of the weekend was being at the beach. The girls loved it. The weather was perfect and we had fun building and digging together. There were a lot of people and a lot of noise but I am glad the girls got to be with all their cousins and have a good time.




We walked down to the park where they have some fun rides for Evie.

It was a lovely Thanksgiving and I am reminded of all the many things I am so thankful for and blessed with. I couldn't ask for a better husband and family. My girls are everything to me and I just hope they are thankful for a mom like me. I am also so thankful for the example of my mom and am glad we got to celebrate her birthday with her.

No comments: