Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekly update

Now that we are all moved back into our home, I thought it would be fun to actually do some fun activities with Evelyn this past week. To start off I was able to find a running stroller for an awesome price on craigslist so eventhough that doesn't sound fun, Evelyn actually really loves going running with me, she will just talk and sing the whole way. We then headed over to Potter Park Zoo. It was actually really fun, I love animals and we had a fun time watching them all. It was kind of nice since it almost felt like we were the only ones there at the zoo, I guess on a Tuesday afternoon not too many people are out.
Here is one of the wolves at the zoo, after I took the picture he came right up to the fence and Evelyn started to do her barking noise. To her it was just another dog.
The monkeys were fun to watch, I think they always know when they are getting attention.
Evelyn liked the little farm animals since she is familiar with them from some of her books and videos, she had no problem sticking her fingers inside the gates.


Then there was my personal favorite, the lions. I love lions, they really are my favorite animal. When we went inside the building there was a tiger that would walk right up against the glass and Evelyn and the tiger would go face to face. She just kept repeating "kitty, kitty"
Later in the week Evelyn and I headed over to Jumpin Jax. She really had a good time there, well actually we both did, I love those blow up jumping toys. Evelyn especially loved the huge slide and would laugh as she went down all by herself. This was a great place for her to get out a lot of energy. We will be going back. Saturday we headed to the apple farm with the Martins to pick apples. Evelyn enjoyed getting the apples and having one just her size to eat. Well it was a fun week ending with some football watching with daddy.


5 comments:

Brittany Webster said...

What a fun week! Evelyn is seriously getting so much bigger! She looks so cute - and the pink necklace is adorable. You are such a fun mom! She looks darling!

Aubreydoll said...

Sounds like a really fun week! We love Jumpin' Jax, too!

Janee said...

Wow do I miss apple picking in MI! I have those same pics of Maya last year :) I can't believe how big Evelyn is! So cute!

Katherine Jeffries said...

Ah, football-watching with Daddy. AKA Nap time! Hahaha. I'll come there if I can go to Jumping Jax and ride in the stroller while you run. That'll be one heck of a workout for you, little lady! kj

TheKeilShpeel said...

I swear she gets cuter by the day..