Saturday, May 30, 2009

Evelyn's a Swimmer!

Though she just turned 1 years-old, Evelyn took her first swimming lessons and did awesome. She always loved being in the water and wanted to swim so badly so I thought we might as well give her some lessons so she can start learning and be a little more safe in the pool. The teacher came everyday for 5 days and taught her how to hold her breath under water and swim to the wall or the stairs and pull herself up. It was so funny to watch her little body kicking and splashing in the pool, but I am amazed at what she can do now. She now knows when I put her under to swim to the side, so hopefully we can keep working on it and she'll be doing laps in no time. Here are some snap shots of her being an awesome swimmer!


This morning my family went with my mom to the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. It was really awesome. There were so many people there cheering for cancer survivors as they did a lap around the whole event. There are hundreds of booths supporting cancer societies and there is a big circle they make that people are continuously walking for 24 hours. I am so proud of my mom and what she has gone through and am so thankful she is getting better everyday.

4 comments:

Alyson said...

SWimming?!? WOW!! I want to try it! That is so cool!!! You need to take a video and then post it!!

Johanna said...

Wow, Netta loves the water too but I didnt know if it would be worth putting her in swim lessons. I had no idea a one year old could do so much. We are definitely going to look into that.

Janee said...

That's awesome! A Cali girl loves the water of course!

That's really cool that she can do all those skills at such a young age - they really push the swimming here in AZ bc of all the drownings and we are working on Maya swimming to the wall as well...

Dave, Katie, Kam, Alli said...

Wow, go Evelyn! I honestly never thought about giving Kam lessons what a great idea. She's just as cute as can be!