Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Family Escape to Florida!

This past weekend Kyle, Evelyn and I escaped the winter cold and headed south to Florida. It was really so nice to get some sunshine and enjoy some relaxation. Most of our days were spent on the beach, taking walks, and playing in the sand. Evelyn wasn't too sure of the sand but she did seem to really like watching the waves and did take a couple good naps in the shade. I loved being able to walk out the door without getting all bundled up or having to turn the heater on. It was like Evelyn rediscovered her arms, legs and feet since she hasn't seen them in so long since they are covered up all the time. She would sit there and suck on her arms and her toes cause she thought it was a fun new toy. Kyle and I managed to get a bit sunburned since our skin hasn't seen sun in so long, but in a way it feels good. I love going on trips and having the three of us hang out together all day. I know Evelyn misses hanging out with her daddy while he is so busy with school. It is nice to get away every once-in-a-while and just focus on each other and spend good, quality family time. Here are a few pictures of us hanging out on the beach, hopefully it won't be too long before we get to see warm sunshine again.




9 comments:

McGinnis Family said...

HELLLOOOO! How jealous am I???? That's so fun!

Alyson said...

LOL! I love Evelyn's little sunglasses. Glad you guys could escape the winter yuckiness of Michigan!

TheKeilShpeel said...

You make me jealous. That water is beautiful. I want to go to Florida. I can't believe how many people are on the beach too.. it's feb. You wouldn't see that many people on our beaches. It's not that warm here though. Looks like a great trip. Glad you had a chance to warm up.

Johanna said...

How awesome! It's pretty warm here in Austin, but still there is nothing like being at the beach.

Melanie said...

You look so cute Nat, and so does Evelyn. Family getaways are so fun especially when it's to escape the bitter cold winter. It looks like so much fun! I'm jealous.

Brandon, Mandy and Benson said...

That looks amazing! I totally forgot what the sun feels like. I'm going to have to chat with you and see where you stayed and all that, Brandon and I are due for a vacation!

Brittany Webster said...

Cute- Cute - Cute pictures of you and EVELYN! Her sun hat and swim dress - oh my! doesn't get much cuter than that. I am so glad you had fun and I am jealous too - but I am so happy that we went and got a little sunburned!

Aubreydoll said...

Those pictures seriously made me ache to go swimming! I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you're right about it not being too long before we get to enjoy the sun up here too!

Janee said...

Awesome! So jealous! I love the AZ sun but what I wouldn't give for some beach time!