Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas 2011!

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, and it was so fun to celebrate another first with Ellouise. My favorite part of Christmas is celebrating it with Evelyn and Ellouise and seeing them so excited and having so much fun. We started off the season by going and seeing the lights at the temple. I always enjoy being on the temple grounds, feeling the spirit and enjoying the time as a family.

We attended a couple Christmas parties, which of at both neither of the girls wanted anything to do with Santa. Oh well they still enjoyed the candycanes he gave them.
Evelyn had fun participating in the tradition of making her gingerbread house with dad and getting whatever candy we could on it before she ate it all. It turned out very nicely and actually lasted a lot longer than I thought. She was very proud of it.
Christmas Eve is always so nice and peaceful. I enjoy how my family takes the time to be together and really remember the reason of the season. We sing a lot of Christmas songs together while someone plays the piano, read the scriptures of the story of Jesus birth and have a fun time acting it out. We also go through the different meanings of each symbol that was present at the birth; the star, tree, bell, etc. Last year I got to play Mary since I was still prego with Ellouise, but this year she got to be baby Jesus, while Jessica took over Mary's part. 
Evelyn did a great job at playing the role of one of the wisemen, and was really getting into it. I have a big feeling she will be in drama class.
Christmas morning finally came and I think both the girls had a lot of fun opening gifts and seeing what each other got. Ellouise wasn't sure what to make of it all, she was just having more fun ripping up tissue paper. The big hit this year was a lot of princess for Evelyn, she loves to dress up, play with and dress up her dolls, and watch her princess movies. Ellouise enjoyed all her new toys that light up and make lots of noise.

These girls are just too cute and I love the matching "Christmas Eve" pajamas they both have on.


Both girls are so blessed and a bit spoiled by having such wonderful Grandparents and Aunts and Uncles that all gave them such generous gifts. Lots of books, movies, toys, clothes will keep these girls going all year long.
After Christmas my entire family got together and had such a fun week. Evelyn loves to be with her cousins and have friends to play with everyday. I am so glad she is starting to build awesome relationships with her cousins, who I know will be great friends for life.
The weather has been so awesome and warm that we have been outside all the time. So of course we headed to the beach. All the kids had fun playing in the sand and getting some good vitamin D.

My cousins and all their kids came up from San Diego and we had a good time. It was a full house with lots of relatives and kids, but I love my big family and wouldn't want it any other way. The kids all got their bells and we had a great time singing Christmas carols to my Grandpa's cd of him playing the piano.

It was a great Christmas and a nice ending to another year. I look forward to this next year with my family and all the adventures and fun times it will bring. I am thankful for Christmas and the time it gives us to remember Christ and all that he has done for us.

1 comment:

Popi and CeCe said...

What a happy Christmas! Your girls are darling! I love the PJs, too!
Cheryl